John’s corporate law practice extends to over 30 years of experience in advising on inward and outward investments, with a focus on the Middle East and the Balkans. He has acted in many of the reported and pioneering M&A and privatization transactions in Greece and represented multinational and local leaders in the real estate, finance, hospitality, infrastructure, gaming, telecommunications and energy industries.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2014 says: ”John Papapolitis ‘delivers superb results in high-stakes litigation and complex matters’…..is considered to be ‘a leader in the market’“.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2014 names John Papapolitis as a Leading Lawyer.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2013 says: “John Papapolitis is second to none for ‘heavy-duty transactions’ and has tremendous respect in the market”.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2012 says: “John Papapolitis is ‘a legal powerhouse and an outstanding negotiator with tremendous respect in the market’.”
Recent matters led by John include
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted as Greek counsel for London & Regional Properties in relation to the privatization process of Hellinikon SA, one of the largest planned privatisations of a Greek real-estate asset.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for York Capital Management (York Capital) in respect of their agreement with the GEK Terna Group (GEK) pursuant to the terms of which York Capital will invest €100m in GEK by fully subscribing to the issuance of a 5 year bond loan, mandatory convertible partly to new GEK shares and partly exchangeable with existing Terna Energy shares owned by GEK. York Capital will also acquire 9.99% of GEK’s share capital through a share capital increase and 3% of Te...
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for Dogus Holding in relation to its participation in the Jermyn Street Real Estate fund that was announced as the preferred bidder in the €400m privatisation of Astir Palace SA by the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund and the National Bank of Greece, in one of the largest privatisations in the real-estate and hospitality sectors to take place in Greece.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO) as Greek counsel, in relation to the independent due diligence of the banking system of Cyprus.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for a global leading supplier of integrated gaming and transaction processing systems in relation to a €150 Million dispute.
- On February 24 the Greek Government issued an invitation memorandum for holders of domestic and foreign law bonds issued or guaranteed by the Hellenic Republic, to exchange their bonds with new bonds with a new maturity date and of new value, the Private Sector Initiative (PSI). Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted as Greek Counsel to foreign holders of Greek bonds, such as the Baupost Group, in their participation in the PSI and the invitation of the Greek Government.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis is representing a consortium of international shopping centre specialists, in a €30m administrative litigation dispute.
- We represented a major US Construction Group, in a €63m dispute with the Greek State which resulted in an award granted in their favour by the Supreme Court of Greece.
A team led by Nicholas Papapolitis advised international advisory firm BlackRock Solutions (“BlackRock”) in respect of their diagnostic assessment of the loan portfolios of a select group of Greek commercial banks (“Diagnostic Asses...
A team led by Nicholas Papapolitis and Nikolaos Katsaros advised investment management firm York Capital Management (UK) Europe Advisors LLP, in respect of their investment in Invel Real Estate Partners’ €653m acquisition of a 66% stake in NBG P...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted as Greek counsel for London & Regional Properties in relation to the privatization process of Hellinikon SA, one of the largest planned privatisations of a Greek real-estate asset.
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for York Capital Management (York Capital) in respect of their agreement with the GEK Terna Group (GEK) pursuant to the terms of which York Capital will invest €100m in GEK by fully subscribing to the issuance of...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for York Capital Management Global Advisors LLC (York) in relation to their entry into a joint venture framework deed with NYSE listed shipping company, Costamare Inc., to jointly invest up to c.$500m in equity f...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO) as Greek counsel, in relation to the independent due diligence of the banking system of Cyprus.
Bloomberg reports on the Strategic Alliance between Reed Smith and Papapolitis & Papapolitis. Please click here to read.
International law firm Reed Smith and Athens based law firm Papapolitis & Papapolitis (P&P) have today announced a formalised strategic alliance, effective from September 2012. Following two years of an informal working relationship, the new ...
Banking, finance and capital markets: Papapolitis & Papapolitis has ‘an exceptional, customer-focused approach’, and Nicholas Papapolitis ‘stands out as being a very experienced and adept professional’. Highlights included representing ...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis receives the International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Award 2014, Winner: Overall Firm, Greece. Winning firms were chosen in 40 jurisdictions worldwide. Established in 2005, the ILO Client Choice Awards recognise tho...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is ranked as a Leading Firm by Chambers & Partners Global. Papapolitis & Papapolitis has noted expertise relating to the IT, Online Gaming, Telecoms, Life Sciences and Healthcare industries.
Papapolitis & Papapolitis has expertise in corporate and real estate primarily, while also having developed a practice acting for hedge funds and general investment funds on structuring and acquisitions. The firm has an alliance with US outfit Re...
Banking, Finance and Capital Markets: “Nicholas Papapolitis heads a strong capital markets offering at Papapolitis & Papapolitis. The team is also valued for its fund formation experience, and recently acted as Greek counsel to an internati...
World Finance Magazine names the Firm as winner of the award for Best Foreign Investment Practice Greece, in January 2011.
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is named Best Gaming Firm Greece 2011 by Corporate International Magazine.
“Papapolitis & Papapolitis is a particularly strong firm for Capital Markets matters and general Corporate support; it is also a leading firm when it comes to advising funds on acquisitions and investments. Core corporate clients of the fir...