John’s corporate law practice extends to over 30 years of experience in advising on inward and outward investments, with a focus on the Middle East and the Balkans. He has acted in many of the reported and pioneering M&A and privatization transactions in Greece and represented multinational and local leaders in the real estate, finance, hospitality, infrastructure, gaming, telecommunications and energy industries.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2015 says: John Papapolitis has ‘an immaculate track record and tremendous respect in the market’…‘an excellent negotiator’.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2014 says: John Papapolitis ‘delivers superb results in high-stakes litigation and complex matters’…..is considered to be ‘a leader in the market’.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2013 says: John Papapolitis is second to none for ‘heavy-duty transactions’ and has tremendous respect in the market.
Recent matters led by John include
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis advised international technology group Intracom Holdings in the sale of its 49% shareholding participation in Intracom Telecom for €47m. Please click here to view the press release.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for Apollo Capital Management in relation to the €2bn share capital increase of the leading Greek bank, Eurobank SA, launched by the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted as Greek counsel for London & Regional Properties in relation to the privatization process of Hellinikon SA, one of the largest planned privatisations of a Greek real-estate asset.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for York Capital Management in respect of their agreement with the GEK Terna Group , pursuant to the terms of which York Capital invested €100m in GEK by fully subscribing to the issuance of a 5 year bond loan, mandatory convertible partly to new GEK shares and partly exchangeable with existing Terna Energy shares owned by GEK. York Capital also acquired 9.99% of GEK’s share capital through a share capital increase and 3% of Terna Energy’s share capital ...
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for Dogus Holding in its successful €400m bid as an investor in Jermyn Street Real Estate Fund IV, to acquire 85% shares of Astir Palace from the National Bank of Greece and the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund, signifying one of the largest privatizations and M&A transactions and the second largest real-estate transaction in the Greek market for 2013.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO) as Greek counsel, in relation to the independent due diligence of the banking system of Cyprus.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for a global leading supplier of integrated gaming and transaction processing systems in relation to a €150 Million dispute.
- On February 24 the Greek Government issued an invitation memorandum for holders of domestic and foreign law bonds issued or guaranteed by the Hellenic Republic, to exchange their bonds with new bonds with a new maturity date and of new value, the Private Sector Initiative (PSI). Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted as Greek Counsel to foreign holders of Greek bonds, such as the Baupost Group, in their participation in the PSI and the invitation of the Greek Government.
This Alert (Client Alert – New NPL Law Greece) provides an analysis of the main provisions of the new law dealing with Non-Performing Loans (NPLs), certain to be of significant importance and to have an impact on the Greek market. Fo...
Papapolitis and Papapolitis is ranked as a Financial and Corporate Recommended Firm by the IFLR 1000 Guide to the World’s Financial Law Firms 2015. Papapolitis & Papapolitis is arguably strongest in M&A, although it has a good sp...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is pleased to announce that Evi Tsilou has joined the firm as counsel. Evi has advised extensively on IPOs, secondary public offerings, private placements, legal due diligence reviews and other capital markets transacti...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis advised Intracom Holdings in the the sale of its shareholding participation in Hellas Online, a leading provider of broadband and fixed telephony services listed on the Athens Stock Exchange, to Vodafone – Panafon Gree...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis advised the joint global coordinators and joint book runners, Goldman Sachs International and Morgan Stanley & Co International, Citigroup Global Markets, HSBC Bank, Mediobanca–Banca di Credito Finanziario, Merrill...
A team led by Nicholas Papapolitis advised international advisory firm BlackRock Solutions in respect of their diagnostic assessment of the loan portfolios of a select group of Greek commercial banks following BlackRock’s engagement by the Bank of ...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for investment management firm York Capital Management (UK) Europe Advisors, in respect of their investment in Invel Real Estate Partners’ €653m acquisition of a 66% stake in NBG Pangaea Real Estate Investment...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted as co-counsel with Reed Smith to York Capital Management Global Advisors in relation to their entry into a joint venture framework deed with NYSE listed shipping company Costamare, to jointly invest up to c.$500m i...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO) as Greek counsel, in relation to the independent due diligence of the banking system of Cyprus.
The Legal 500 EMEA ranks Papapolitis & Papapolitis in the top tier for its Corporate and M&A work.
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is ranked as a Leading Firm by Chambers & Partners Europe 2014. What the team is known for: International capabilities strengthened by the formation of a strategic alliance with Reed Smith. Specific expertise relatin...
Banking, finance and capital markets: Papapolitis & Papapolitis has ‘an exceptional, customer-focused approach’, and Nicholas Papapolitis ‘stands out as being a very experienced and adept professional’ . Highlights included r...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is ranked as a Leading Firm by Chambers & Partners Global. Papapolitis & Papapolitis has noted expertise relating to the IT, Online Gaming, Telecoms, Life Sciences and Healthcare industries.
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is ranked as a Leading Firm by The Legal 500 EMEA 2013. Banking, finance and capital markets: Papapolitis & Papapolitis has a good track record on the borrower side, where it has been involved in several high-value f...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is ranked as a Recommended Firm by The legal 500 EMEA 2011. Banking, Finance and Capital Markets: Nicholas Papapolitis heads a strong capital markets offering at Papapolitis & Papapolitis. The team is also valued for...
World Finance Magazine names the Firm as winner of the award for Best Foreign Investment Practice Greece, in January 2011. Please click here to view full list of winners for the 2011 Legal Awards.
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is named Best Gaming Firm Greece 2011 by Corporate International Magazine.