John’s corporate law practice extends to over 30 years of experience in advising on inward and outward investments, with a focus on the Middle East and the Balkans. He has acted in many of the reported and pioneering M&A and privatization transactions in Greece and represented multinational and local leaders in the real estate, finance, hospitality, infrastructure, gaming, telecommunications and energy industries.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2013 says: “John Papapolitis is second to none for ‘heavy-duty transactions’ and has tremendous respect in the market”.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2012 says: “John Papapolitis is ‘a legal powerhouse and an outstanding negotiator with tremendous respect in the market’.”
Recent matters led by John include
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis is acting for the Dogus Group in the privatisation process of Astir Palace S.A. by the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund and the National Bank of Greece, in one of the largest privatisations in the real-estate and hospitality sectors to take place in Greece.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for York Capital Management (York Capital) in respect of their agreement with the GEK Terna Group (GEK) pursuant to the terms of which York Capital will invest €100m in GEK by fully subscribing to the issuance of a 5 year bond loan, mandatory convertible partly to new GEK shares and partly exchangeable with existing Terna Energy shares owned by GEK. York Capital will also acquire 9.99% of GEK’s share capital through a share capital increase and 3% of Te...
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis is acting as Greek counsel for London & Regional Properties in relation to the privatization process of Hellinikon SA, currently the largest planned privatisation of a Greek real-estate asset.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO) as Greek counsel, in relation to the independent due diligence of the banking system of Cyprus.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for a global leading supplier of integrated gaming and transaction processing systems in relation to a €150 Million dispute.
- On February 24 the Greek Government issued an invitation memorandum for holders of domestic and foreign law bonds issued or guaranteed by the Hellenic Republic, to exchange their bonds with new bonds with a new maturity date and of new value, the Private Sector Initiative (PSI). Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted as Greek Counsel to foreign holders of Greek bonds, such as the Baupost Group, in their participation in the PSI and the invitation of the Greek Government.
- Papapolitis & Papapolitis is representing a consortium of international shopping centre specialists, in a €30m administrative litigation dispute.
- We represented a major US Construction Group, in a €63m dispute with the Greek State which resulted in an award granted in their favour by the Supreme Court of Greece.
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for York Capital Management (York Capital) in respect of their agreement with the GEK Terna Group (GEK) pursuant to the terms of which York Capital will invest €100m in GEK by fully subscribing to the issuance of...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for York Capital Management Global Advisors LLC (York) in relation to their entry into a joint venture Framework Deed with NYSE listed shipping company, Costamare Inc., to invest jointly up to c.$500m in equity f...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is acting as Greek counsel for London & Regional Properties in relation to the privatization process of Hellinikon SA, currently the largest planned privatisation of a Greek real-estate asset.
Papapolitis & Papapolitis acted for Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO) as Greek counsel, in relation to the independent due diligence of the banking system of Cyprus.
Bloomberg reports on the Strategic Alliance between Reed Smith and Papapolitis & Papapolitis. Please click here to read.
International law firm Reed Smith and Athens based law firm Papapolitis & Papapolitis (P&P) have today announced a formalised strategic alliance, effective from September 2012. Following two years of an informal working relationship, the new ...
Papapolitis & Papapolitis has expertise in corporate and real estate primarily, while also having developed a practice acting for hedge funds and general investment funds on structuring and acquisitions. The firm has an alliance with US outfit Re...
Corporate and M&A: Papapolitis & Papapolitis is ‘a go-to firm for a range of high-quality, complex corporate matters’. The ‘service is always exceptional’ and the team ‘obviously knows the Greek market very well’. Highlights incl...
Banking, finance and capital markets: The ‘overall quality is excellent’ at Papapolitis & Papapolitis, which provides a service that is ‘like working with a New York or City law firm’. The firm is strong in capital markets, and recently a...
Banking, Finance and Capital Markets: “Nicholas Papapolitis heads a strong capital markets offering at Papapolitis & Papapolitis. The team is also valued for its fund formation experience, and recently acted as Greek counsel to an internati...
World Finance Magazine names the Firm as winner of the award for Best Foreign Investment Practice Greece, in January 2011.
Papapolitis & Papapolitis is named Best Gaming Firm Greece 2011 by Corporate International Magazine.
“Papapolitis & Papapolitis is a particularly strong firm for Capital Markets matters and general Corporate support; it is also a leading firm when it comes to advising funds on acquisitions and investments. Core corporate clients of the fir...
“Papapolitis & Papapolitis is strong in the leisure and hospitality sectors, and also acted for an international healthcare company on a Greek acquisition. Managing partner John Papapolitis and Perikles Kamarinos demonstrate ‘high-calibre...