Alkis has considerable experience in banking and finance transactions, in particular in negotiating, drafting and reviewing corporate lending documentation as well as advising on transactions pertaining to the secondary market of non-performing loans in the portfolios of Greek systemic banks. In addition, Alkis has been involved in various capital markets transactions and has advised on the structuring and implementation of domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. His Project Finance and PPPs experience includes drafting and negotiation of project documents in renewable energy projects as well as infrastructure.
Alkis has been a Visiting Lecturer with ALBA, where he has taught the course “Complex Financial Transactions and Contracts” in the context of the school’s postgraduate course MSc in Business for Lawyers. During a sabbatical in 2011-12, Alkis acted as visiting scholar at the University of Oxford (Wolfson College) from and as a visiting researcher at Harvard University.
2018 Counsel, Papapolitis & Papapolitis
2013 Senior Associate Bernitsas Law Firm
2012 Legal Counsel European Investment Bank
2009 Senior Associate Bernitsas Law Firm
2004 Associate Bernitsas Law Firm
Court of Appeals
PhD in Civil and Securities Law (Distinction), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Msc in Law and Accounting (Distinction), London School of Economics and Political Science
LLM in International Business Law, University College London
LLB, University College London
- August 2020 Vodafone €1 Billion Tower Asset Spin Off
- June 2020 United Group Investment into Forthnet S.A.
- April 2020 ACQUISITION OF 25MW WIND PARK PORTFOLIO BY INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE EQUITY FUND
- October 2019 BrookLane Capital Investment in Logistics Center
- June 2019 Invel acquisition of NBG Pangaea REIC
- January 2019 Acquisition of Hilton Nicosia Hotel
- September 2018 ACQUISITION OF 200MW WIND PARK PORTFOLIO BY INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE EQUITY FUND