John Papapolitis is the Chairman of the Firm and has served as its managing partner for over 25 years. He has been instrumental in creating an international culture and outlook within the Firm and expanding its global reach by advising international clients in many of the reported and pioneering M&A and privatization transactions that have taken place in Greece.
Under John’s leadership the Firm furthered its mission of providing legal services of the highest quality, paying the utmost attention to client satisfaction and maintaining our deeply rooted commitment to professional ethics.
He has represented multinational and local leaders in the real estate, finance, hospitality, infrastructure, gaming, telecommunications and energy industries. John’s practice extends to over 35 years of experience and he is widely recognized authority in the Greek legal market.
2015 Chairman, Papapolitis & Papapolitis
1993 Managing Partner, Papapolitis & Papapolitis
1986 Partner, Papapolitis & Papapolitis
LLB (Merit), University of Thessaloniki
BA in Political Science & Economics, University of Toronto
Postgraduate Studies in Shipping Law, University College London
Vice Chairman of the Association for Foreign Investments in Tourism in Greece (AFIT)
- January 2016 Intracom / Teledome Dispute
- April 2014 Intracom Holdings in its €47 Million Sale of Intracom Telecom
- February 2014 Apollo Capital Management in Eurobank's €2.86 Billion Share Capital Increase
- February 2014 Hellas Online in a Labour Dispute
- January 2014 Diophar in €15 Million Pharmaceuticals Dispute
- January 2014 Intralot Group in €150 Million Dispute with Glory Technology Limited
- December 2013 York Capital Management in €100 Million Investment in the GEK Terna Group
- November 2013 The Dogus Group in the Acquisition of the Astir Palace Hotel
- January 2013 PIMCO Europe in the Due Diligence of the Banking System of Cyprus