Nicholas Papapolitis is the Managing Partner of Papapolitis & Papapolitis.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicholas was an associate at the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
He is widely recognized as an expert in foreign direct investments in Greece.
He has vast experience in advising global investment managers and institutional investors on large-scale, complex credit and equity transactions and has acted in many of the landmark deals to have taken place in the Greek market.
Nicholas currently serves on the Board of Directors of the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce and also chairs the Investment and Finance Committee of the Chamber.
He has also sat on the Board of Directors of large corporations such as the Intralot Group and NBG Pangaea REIC.
He also chairs the "Corporate Ambassador Program" of The Hellenic Initiative (THI), a global non-profit organization and is a member of the New Leaders Steering Committee of THI.
Nicholas is consistently recognized as a "Leading Individual" by international legal directories such the Legal 500 EMEA 2018 and as a "Leader in his field" by Chambers Europe 2018.
2010 Partner, Papapolitis & Papapolitis
2006 Skadden Arps LLP, New York
Solicitors Regulation Authority – Registered European Lawyer
International Bar Association
LLM (Merit) in Corporate and Commercial Law, Queen Mary College, Centre for Commercial Legal Studies, University of London
LLB (Hons), University College London
Chairman of the Investment and Finance Committee of the American Hellenic Chamber of Commerce
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London, UK, Accredited Arbitrator (MCIArb)
2018: 28th Annual Greek Economy Conference of the American Hellenic Chamber of Commerce – Gree
2017: 28th Annual Greek Economy Conference of the American Hellenic Chamber of Commerce – Investing in Greece Opportunities and Impediments
- March 2021 EURONET €300Million acquisition of Piraeus Bank’s Merchant Acquiring Unit
- February 2021 United Group acquisition of Forthnet S.A.
- January 2021 LAMDA DEVELOPMENT S.A. STRAGIC CO-OPERATION WITH TEMES S.A.
- November 2020 Hellinikon Development - IRC
- June 2020 United Group Investment into Forthnet S.A.
- March 2020 York and Elements Capital acquisition of Famar Group
- November 2019 Mytilineos €500 Million International Bond Offering
- June 2019 Invel acquisition of NBG Pangaea REIC
- May 2019 SOHO HOUSE ACQUISITION OF SCORPIOS BEACH CLUB AND SAN GIORGIO HOTEL
- December 2018 Pillarstone Famar Restructuring
- September 2018 ACQUISITION OF 200MW WIND PARK PORTFOLIO BY INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE EQUITY FUND
- August 2018 ACQUISITION OF €1.5BN NPL PORTFOLIO BY INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE EQUITY FUND
- May 2018 ANCHORAGE AND CVC ACQUISITION OF IDEAL STANDARD S.A.
- May 2018 MULTIMILLION INVESTMENT IN GREEK REIC BY INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE EQUITY FUND
- March 2018 Energean Oil & GAS $460Million IPO on the London Stock Exchange
- March 2018 Avis Europe and Otokoc multi-million acquisition of Avis Hellas from Piraeus Bank
- December 2017 Pimco investment in Grivalia REIC
- July 2017 Cetracore Energy multi-million investment in Jetoil through Article 106 pre-bankruptcy process
- January 2017 Sale of €150 Million Corporate Portfolio from Eurobank Ergasias S.A.
- August 2016 Ticketmaster Acquisition of Tickethour
- December 2015 Invel Real Estate Partners LP in the €1Billion Reverse Merger and Listing on the Athens Stock Exchange of NBG Pangaea REIC
- December 2015 National Bank of Greece €1.16 Billion Liability Management Exercise and Equity Offering
- April 2015 GSO/Blackstone Group in Investment in Listed Real Estate Developer Lamda Development Acquiring c20% of the Company
- August 2014 Intracom Holdings €330 Million Sale of HOL to Vodafone Greece
- June 2014 Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley Underwriters in NBG's €2.5 Billion Equity Offering
- June 2014 Morgan Stanley as Advisor to the HFSF for €2.86 Billion Eurobank Share Capital Increase
- May 2014 Paulson & Co. in Investment in EYDAP
- April 2014 Intracom Holdings in its €47 Million Sale of Intracom Telecom
- March 2014 BlackRock Solutions in its Diagnostic Assessment of the Greek Banking System
- November 2013 Third Point in its €40 Million Participation in Hellenic Bank's Share Capital Increase