Nikolas advises extensively on international and cross-border finance and capital markets transactions, including public offerings and rights issues, acting mainly for foreign banks, funds and institutional investors.
He has significant experience in energy projects, with a focus on financing structures. Nikolas has developed a growing corporate practice, encompassing commercial agreements, M&As and shareholder relationships. He is experienced in documenting and structuring transactions, as well as in identifying and resolving key issues with a view to closing deals.
2014 Partner, Papapolitis & Papapolitis
2012 Associate, Papapolitis & Papapolitis
2011 Legal Counsel, BNP Paribas, Athens Branch
2007 Associate, Karatzas & Partners Law Firm
LLM in EU Law, University of Essex
LLB, University of Essex
- February 2021 United Group acquisition of Forthnet S.A.
- September 2020 Terna Energy €68.5 Million Share Capital Increase
- August 2020 DoValue financing for Acquisition of FPS
- July 2020 Lamda Development €320 Million Listed Bond
- June 2020 United Group Investment into Forthnet S.A.
- February 2020 Frigoglass €260 Million international bond offering
- November 2019 Mytilineos €500 Million International Bond Offering
- September 2019 Piraeus Bank Financing - IASO Acquisition
- July 2019 €175 Million Attica Holding S.A. Bond Issue
- June 2019 Invel acquisition of NBG Pangaea REIC
- December 2018 Pillarstone Famar Restructuring
- October 2018 Acquisition of €1.2BN NPL Portfolio
- August 2018 ACQUISITION OF €1.5BN NPL PORTFOLIO BY INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE EQUITY FUND
- July 2018 Proposed Initial Public Offering of Food Manufacturing Company
- May 2018 MULTIMILLION INVESTMENT IN GREEK REIC BY INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE EQUITY FUND
- March 2018 Avis Europe and Otokoc multi-million acquisition of Avis Hellas from Piraeus Bank
- March 2018 Energean Oil & GAS $460Million IPO on the London Stock Exchange
- December 2017 Pimco investment in Grivalia REIC
- January 2017 Sale of €150 Million Corporate Portfolio from Eurobank Ergasias S.A.
- December 2015 Invel Real Estate Partners LP in the €1Billion Reverse Merger and Listing on the Athens Stock Exchange of NBG Pangaea REIC
- April 2015 GSO/Blackstone Group in Investment in Listed Real Estate Developer Lamda Development Acquiring c20% of the Company
- December 2015 National Bank of Greece €1.16 Billion Liability Management Exercise and Equity Offering
- August 2014 Intracom Holdings €330 Million Sale of HOL to Vodafone Greece
- June 2014 Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley Underwriters in NBG's €2.5 Billion Equity Offering
- June 2014 Morgan Stanley as Advisor to the HFSF for €2.86 Billion Eurobank Share Capital Increase
- May 2014 Paulson & Co in its Acquisition of 5% of Alpha Bank and Piraeus Bank and 10% of water utility company EYDAP
- April 2014 Intracom Holdings in its €47 Million Sale of Intracom Telecom
- March 2014 BlackRock Solutions in its Diagnostic Assessment of the Greek Banking System
- February 2014 Apollo Capital Management in Eurobank's €2.86 Billion Share Capital Increase
- February 2014 Avon Products Inc. in its Strategic Partnership with Korres SA
- July 2019 Invel Mandatory Tender Offer for NBG Pangaea REIC