Our Real Estate practice is consistently rated as a leading and Top-Tier practice and has received numerous awards and international recognitions. Our Real Estate lawyers have accumulated a wealth of expertise through their involvement in large scale real estate developments that took place during the Athens Olympic Games in 2004 and some of the largest leisure and hospitality developments that include land based casinos. Recent highlights include advising the buyers in:
- Τhe largest real-estate transaction reported to have taken place in Greece
- Τhe acquisition of the majority stake of the largest Greek REIC
- Τhe acquisition through a privatization process of the largest sea side resort in Greece
- Α series of significant acquisitions of Greek private islands
- Τhe acquisitions through international tender processes of Greek land based casinos
We regularly advise on the development, construction, purchase, sale, leasing and financing aspects of transactions involving real estate assets in the commercial, retail, industrial, residential, leisure, tourism and hospitality sectors. We also lead our clients through the complexities of the regulatory framework governing land use and planning. Our advice often spans property purchase, construction, development and financing, as well as the issues and contractual relationships arising from its commercial exploitation.
We have an expertise in advising on privatisations and state concessions in the area of real estate. We have also developed a specialisation in Greek Real Estate Investment Companies (REICs) and advised the Athens Stock Exchange on the Greek REIC legislation and investors investing in Greek REICs.